Introduces aquatic animal husbandry work environment and the care of captive aquatic animals. Emphasizes daily animal care and exhibit readiness.
- Prepare food for the animal collection and clean animal collection areas to industry standards.
- Assist with opening and closing procedures at the aquatic facility.
- Culture, harvest, and distribute live food organisms to the animal collection.
- Interpret exhibits and aquatic animal work areas to facility patrons in a positive and informative manner.
- Identify fishes and invertebrate behaviors.
- Design and implement a fish transport strategy.