AQS 186 : Introduction to Scientific Diving
Examines the technical and safety components of scientific diving and meets all academic training requirements compliant with American Academy of Underwater Sciences (AAUS) standards. Includes professional level of emergency responder certifications, watermanship proficiency, and authorization as a surface tender to support scientific diving operations.
Acceptance into Aquarium Science program.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of AAUS scientific diving standards.
- Work as an authorized scientific diving tender.
- Act as an emergency first responder in rescue scenarios.
- Independently create dive plans.
- Demonstrate adequate waterman-ship skills while working as a tender for aquatic operations.