AQS 240 : Life Support System Design and Operation
Examines the role of life support systems in maintaining a balanced, stable aquatic environment. Presents how to design, construct, maintain and troubleshoot semiclosed, closed and open systems.
- Identify water quality parameters impacted by life-support systems and relate the use of associated equipment to evaluate aquatic environments.
- Identify the functions and the relationships of life support system components in maintaining a balanced aquatic system.
- Size and select appropriate life support system components and equipment for an aquatic system.
- Troubleshoot and remedy faulty life support system components.
- Diagram the flow of water from its source to its discharge location.
- Design and build an aquatic life support system.