Introduces the principles of exhibit development and interpretive presentations. Covers projects in exhibit planning, performing interpretive presentations, and writing interpretive pieces. Emphasizes the process of developing exhibits and interpretation from conceptual statement through fabrication, performance, or publication.
- Serve as a contributing member of an exhibit planning team, supporting the process of creating an exhibit and the roles of others on the team.
- Apply the principles of interpretation to the programs that husbandry staff are frequently asked to perform.
- Identify criteria, considerations and components for the design and implementation of aquarium tanks, lighting, interior tank habitats, and live animal collections.
- Write effective interpretive material for exhibits, newsletters, and brochures.
- Describe what makes an effective exhibit, and evaluate exhibits and interpretation using industry standard criteria.
- Apply industry related information resources to the design and development of aquarium exhibits and interpretation.