AQS 270 : Fish and Invertebrate Health Management
Reviews the common infectious and noninfectious diseases of captive fish and invertebrates. Examines the common techniques of fish and invertebrate health management.
Instructor permission or
- Identify the common signs of disease in fish and invertebrates.
- Describe the common infectious and noninfectious diseases associated with captive aquarium fish.
- Demonstrate proper use and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation.
- Demonstrate proper necropsy and sample collection techniques.
- Formulate a health management and biosecurity plan based upon the results of diagnostic testing, water quality measurements and professional consultation.
- Perform common treatment methodologies.