ART 116 : Basic Design - Color Foundations
Introduces color foundations studio experience centered on creative problem solving. Develops perceptual awareness and understanding. Establishes critical skills and personal artistic vision. Investigates a broad range of materials, techniques and projects to explore color design concepts with reference to historical and contemporary perspectives. Basic Design series 115, 116, and 117 may be taken in any sequence.
- See and apply color, design and sources of color and design with increasing perceptual awareness and understanding in daily living.
- Create personally significant works of design applying basic design/color concepts and techniques.
- Assess, evaluate, appreciate and respect design work.
- Develop creative solutions to color design problems.
- Handle art materials with environmental awareness and responsibility.
This course fulfills the following GE requirements: Arts and Letters/ASOT-B, Arts and Letters/AAS, Arts and Letters/AGS, Arts and Letters/AS, Arts and Letters/AAOT.