ART 237A : Life Drawing
Investigates drawing the human form through referencing professional models and applying various drawing processes and concepts. Develops understanding of the structure, form and proportions of the human figure in the context of composition, personal expression and an awareness of materials.
- Implement creative ways to solve visualization problems in drawing the human form using a variety of perceptual and conceptual strategies.
- Apply an introductory level of understanding of the proportions of the human figure and the relation of the figure to the compositional space through the processes, materials, and techniques associated with drawing.
- Participate with others in a critical dialogue about figure drawings from the past, the present, and from other cultures.
- Actualize personal expression and self-critical skills in figure drawing while recognizing the standards and definitions already established by both contemporary and historical works of art from different cultures.
- Experience a heightened awareness of the physical world and the nature of the relationship of human beings to it via the experience of figure drawing
This course fulfills the following GE requirements: Arts and Letters/AAS, Arts and Letters/AGS, Arts and Letters/AAOT, Arts and Letters/AS, Arts and Letters/ASOT-B.