Covers computer concepts and the use of information technology in business organizations including the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software. Includes introduction to hardware, software, databases, system development, and tools that businesses use for communication and collaboration. Includes appreciating the value of ethical conduct in a business/computer environment and the impact of technology on industry and society.
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
- Apply an understanding of how organizations utilize computer and communications technology to collect, process, and store data and information.
- Apply technology to support business planning, operations, marketing, strategy, and decision-making
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software in the business environment.
- Apply critical thinking skills to ethics, environmental responsibility, and privacy issues associated with information technology use in business and society.
- Analyze how businesses use the Internet, social media, and technology to connect with customers and employees, market and deliver their products, and create competitive advantage.
- Apply an understanding of the rapidly changing technological environment to make business decisions.
Equivalent placement test scores also accepted.