BA 213 : Managerial Accounting
Covers accounting information from management perspective for planning, performance evaluation and for decision making purposes. Includes cost concepts, product costing, cost-volume-profit relationships, profit planning, variance analysis, responsibility accounting and capital budgeting.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Incorporate and use basic managerial accounting terminology and concepts in a business environment and communicate effectively.
- Use an understanding of cost concepts for product costing and to analyze relevant costs.
- Understand the nature of costs and apply to cost-volume-profit relationships and activity based costing.
- Apply budgeting for business planning and standard costs to perform variance analysis.
- Use knowledge of responsibility accounting to evaluate and measure business performance.
- Apply an understanding of capital budgeting for decision making.