Covers analyzing target market, developing retail marketing mix elements, and reviewing store planning techniques used by retailers. Includes discussions of changing retailing environment and impact of government regulations.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Use their understanding of the history of retailing to inform development of contemporary retail strategy.
- Articulate and implement industry standard approaches to the site selection, store planning, and visual merchandising.
- Develop a merchandise plan and budget.
- Understand and apply the promotional elements of retailing.
- Identify the environmental factors that impact retailing and develop short and long-term plans to address existing and emerging issues.
Equivalent placement test scores also accepted.