BA 250 : Small Business Management
Designed for students and prospective small business owners and managers. It emphasizes the general functions, procedures, and specific subject areas related to initiating, organizing, and operating a successful small business. It specifically prepares the student to develop a business plan for opening a business.
Small Business Management provides the background concepts and practices necessary for a successful owner and/or manager. The student will be made aware of the importance and the functions of such things as: marketing surveys, marketing targets, financing, choosing a form of legal organization, managing the risk involved in operating a small business, and focusing on customers through products, price, promotion, and placement.
Equivalent placement test scores also accepted.
Upon successful completion of Small Business, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of small business in the economy.
- Prepare a comprehensive Business Plan.
- Analyze a financial statement and plan.
- Choose a legal form of business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the tax implications of a small business