BA 285 : Human Relations-Organizations
Explores interactions in organizations by examining human perceptions, communications, small group dynamics and leadership. Includes dynamics of change, cultural diversity, substance abuse, work stress, ethics and social responsibility, and the challenges of globalization.
Equivalent placement test scores also accepted.
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Use an understanding of self-esteem development and motivation to facilitate increased organizational productivity.
- Use professional and industry appropriate communication skills with employees, co-workers and customers to improve organizational effectiveness and resolve conflict in a diverse workplace.
- Identify different types of work teams and incorporate this knowledge into effective project delegation.
- Apply the tenets of effective leadership and different leadership styles to strengthen an organization.
- Incorporate and articulate the stages of personal change and models of organizational change to more effectively implement organizational goals.
- Identify and apply organizational standards of health, ethics, social responsibility, and globalization to facilitate sustainable growth and success of the organization.