BA 290 : Basic Income Tax Preparation
Covers elements of basic tax preparation. Meets the statutory educational requirements for those wishing to be licensed income tax preparers in Oregon.
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Use knowledge of the I.R.S. tax code to prepare individual federal tax returns.
- Identify and apply appropriate exclusions on an individual tax return.
- Identify and apply savings determined by legitimate tax deductions, credits and depreciation.
- Understand and apply knowledge to calculate tax owed on individual returns.
- Follow the tenets of Oregon’s tax law to prepare Oregon state tax returns.
- Fulfill the 80 hour requirement for the Oregon Tax Preparers exam.