Campus Safety and Emergency Numbers
Campus Safety Chris Rogers Facilities Manager 541-867-8549
Call TCB Security, 541-574-2828 For Emergencies, Dial 911
Oregon Coast Community College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment. During hours of operation, the following services are provided to enhance services and personal safety and security:
- Ensuring that doors are unlocked for College classes and activities.
- Securing facilities at the end of each day.
- Responding to potential safety and security situations.
- Recording incident reports for subsequent action. Incident report forms are available from Chris Rogers at 541-867-8549 or email@example.com
EMERGENCY CALL STATIONS- OUTSIDE
There are two blue-light emergency call stations at the Central Cam- pus that can be pushed for assistance in the event of an emergency. They are located at the main entrance between the Aquarium Science Building and the College parking lot entry and on the North side of the building near the bicycle rack.
EMERGENCY CALL STATIONS-INSIDE
There is one public phone near the South stairway and black square phone devices near the exit of most classrooms.
In a life-threatening emergency, students should not hesitate to call “911” to ask for assistance. Students can then notify Campus Security at 541-574-2828. For emergencies dial 911. From campus phones: Dial “9”, then “911”.
- Be aware of your surroundings and those people near you.
- Always walk in well-lit, well-traveled areas.
- During the day, report suspicious persons and activities to the Di- rector of Facilities at 541-867-8549.
- During evening hours, contact TCB Security at 541-574-2828.
Theft is the most frequently reported crime on campus. In view of this, students should always take the time to ensure that their personal property is secure. Here are a few general tips to guard against theft:
- Never leave purses, any amount of cash, your textbooks, etc., unsecured or unattended.
- Keep a written record of valuables, including description and serial/model numbers. This helps in proving that the items are yours and may aid in the reporting and recovery process.
- Report missing or stolen property to the Chris Rogers at 541-867-8549.
FIRE ALARM AND EVACUATION PROCEDURES:
Evacuation of buildings or facilities will be signaled by the sounding of a fire alarm or by verbal notification. If you hear the alarm ringing (or are notified verbally of an evacuation) you must leave the building immediately. If you are in class, wait for directions from your instructor and accompany her/him swiftly to the nearest exit.
EARTHQUAKES & NATURAL DISASTERS:
If you are inside a building during an earthquake or other natural disaster, stay there and get under a desk/table or stand in a corner. In the event of major damage or disruption, or if instructed by College staff, be prepared to evacuate the building. If outdoors, proceed into an open area away from trees, buildings, power lines, etc.
MEDICAL EMERGENCIES, INJURY & ACCIDENTS:
In the event of minor injuries, provide necessary assistance to victims. If a person is seriously injured, do not attempt to move the victim unless there is a further life-threatening situation. Go to the nearest phone and dial 911 (9-911 from campus phones.) In all situations, report the injury or accident to College staff.
Remember! You are responsible for your own personal conduct and safety and that of any guests you invite on campus, as well as the safety of your property. College provided safety and security services—which are only meant to enhance, not replace personal responsibility—are greatly affected by the level of care taken by students and guests.