CAS 170 : Beginning Excel
Introduces the basic features of Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet concepts to design and create accurate professional worksheets for use in business and industry, and academic environments. Includes entering data; creating formulas; professional formatting; creating charts; creating, sorting, and filtering tables; creating and using templates; and working with functions. Focuses on ways to ensure accuracy including proofreading techniques and critical thinking to determine what data to present and how to present it. Introduction of pivot tables to summarize data.
Addendum to Course Description
A major goal is to develop better computation skills. Improved critical thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills will also be emphasized.
Or placement into
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Use Microsoft Excel to create personal and/or business spreadsheets following current professional and/or industry standards.
- Use critical thinking skills to design and create spreadsheets.
- Communicate in a business setting using spreadsheet vocabulary.
- Summarize large amounts of data.
- Develop visual presentations of data.