ECE 195 : Boys in Early Childhood Education
Explores the educational and social experiences specific to boys in early childhood programs. Covers teacher's views on boys' behaviors and the effect on their learning. Includes developmentally and culturally appropriate approaches to engage boys in the early learning environment and curriculum.
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Articulate an understanding of the social and educational needs of boys in early education programs.
- Identify the teacher's impact on boys' social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development.
- Create developmentally and culturally appropriate environments and learning experiences for boys in the classroom.
- Understand the importance of rough and tumble play and superhero play.
- Advocate for quality early education for boys.