Educational Tax Credits and 1098T Forms

The American Opportunity (Hope Credit extended) and the Lifetime Learning Credit are education credits that can help offset the costs of education. To determine your eligibility please consult your tax adviser. OCCC staff cannot help with tax related questions. If you plan to claim an educational tax credit, your tax identification number (TIN) or social security number (SSN) is required for tax reporting. 1098T forms will be available online through My.OregonCoast for students who sign up for electronic access. Paper forms will be mailed the last week of January for students that do not sign up for electronic access. Contact Student Accounts at 541-867-8551 for more information.