NCMA 101 : Body Structure & Function I
Explores medical terminology in its proper context. Includes form and function of the human body in health and disease and basic word structure. Reviews select body system including: their components, basic structure and function to be able to apply medical terminology skills in the clinical setting.
Equivalent placement test scores also accepted.
- Define basic combining word forms, suffixes, prefixes and demonstrate how to build medical words.
- Define terms that apply to the structural organization of the human body.
- Locate and identify terms that describe positions, directions and planes of the body.
- Correctly describe locations, structure and functions of each organ of the following systems:
- integumentary, digestive, urinary, female reproductive and male reproductive.