NCMA 103 : Office Skills for the Medical Office
Introduces entry level office procedures. Includes: telephone techniques, patient scheduling, office organization, office communication, the use of office machinery, computer systems, patient medical records, software and billing, coding and insurance procedures, while providing for patient privacy and confidentiality.
Equivalent placement test scores also accepted.
- Apply and use proper telephone etiquette, including scheduling, patient triage, prior authorizations for insurance, and referrals.
- Apply a basic understanding of office communication including verbal and written communication.
- Correctly use office machinery including fax machines, copy machines, multi-line phone systems, computers, etc. while providing for patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Display the ability to work as a team and resolve conflicts in a positive, professional manner.
- Show evidence of mastery of basic billing, coding and insurance procedures, the basic foundation of banking and financial records and processes, and the ability to assemble and file in both paper and electronic patient medical records.