NUR 102 : Certified Nursing Assistant Level 2: Acute Care
Covers knowledge and skills necessary for a Certified Nursing Assistant 2 to work in an acute care facility. This course meets the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) requirements for the Certified Nursing Assistant 2 registry.
CNA 1 License from the OSBN also required.
- Deliver healthcare with relevant cultural knowledge and communicate between people from culturally diverse backgrounds using therapeutic and professional communication techniques in the clinical setting.
- Recognize and report normal and abnormal patterns in clinical findings and behaviors of clients to members of the health care team.
- Provide care through adherence to clients’ plan of care through taking action within designated responsibilities and as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrate person-centered care by meeting the individual person’s needs, preferences and abilities.
- Demonstrate proficiency in skills related to common disease processes and conditions that affect body system function and the person functional ability.
- Apply proper use of diagnostic, safety, and therapeutic devices within the Nursing Assistant’s scope of care.
- Distinguish between personal and professional values and legal/ethical responsibilities in practice.