Oregon Coast Community College offers a variety of options for High School students to participate in college courses and learn about the culture of college.
Dual Credit Program
Through OCCC's dual credit agreement with the Lincoln County School District, students may earn OCCC credits while they currently are enrolled in high school. Students who take high school courses equivalent to OCCC courses may qualify for OCCC credits in college- approved professional/technical courses. High school students should consult their high school counselors for more information.
Early College Program
The faculty, staff, and administration at Oregon Coast Community College (OCCC) want to ensure that all Lincoln County High School juniors and seniors who are "College Ready" have the opportunity to begin their post-secondary education and become successful college students. OCCC's Early College Program is committed to serving students in the community, including students of color, first-generation and low-income individuals.
Benefits of Early College include:
- Earn high school and college credits concurrently (high school credit is granted at the discretion of the high school you attend
- Get a head start on academic and career goals Experience the academic rigor of college classes
- Save time and money
Students in Early College are Juniors and Seniors in high school that are mature enough socially, emotionally and educationally to operate in the adult college setting. Juniors and Seniors from Lincoln County School District including home schools and charter schools are eligible. All students must demonstrate they are college-ready. College ready is defined as placing into 100-level courses.
Tuition for one course per term is at no cost to the student. If other classes are taken in the same term, tuition is reduced by half for those courses. Students are required to pay for fees and books. Limited scholarships are available.
To enter the Early College Program:
- Complete an admission application by starting here. Please select "Early College" as your program of interest.
- Make an appointment with an OCCC success coach using our online appointment tool http://www.oregoncoast.edu/advising- appointments/ to discuss placement into classes. Please bring your high school transcript to this appointment.
- Attend the REQUIRED Early College Program orientation at one of the following dates and times (Note: This orientation is not required for previously enrolled Expanded Options students. Students will register for classes using the My.OregonCoast student portal during this orientation.)
Students can register for one class per term tuition free and students will receive a 50% tuition reduction for additional classes taken in a term. Students may take up to s classes (one per term) through the Early College Program.
Most general education courses are eligible for the Early College Program. This includes Writing, Speech, Music, Science, Math, History, Psychology, and more! Please see your success coach for a complete list of courses.
For more information about the Early College Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-867-8501.