Underage Student Admissions Policy
Oregon Coast Community College considers students who are younger than 16 years of age to be underage students. Under unusual circumstances, a student under 16 years of age may be admitted. The College has developed an underage student admissions policy and procedure to ensure students benefit from the educational services of the College.
Prospective underage students must complete an underage student admissions application, including:
- a written request from the student for admission
- a letter from the student's parent or guardian
- a letter from the student's high school counselor
- Completion of an OCCC online admissions application.
Registration for classes (drop/add/withdraw) is completed by the student through the myOCCC portal and a student responsibility. Underage student applicants and their parents/ guardians recognize that: academic freedom is part of the college learning environment.
- academic integrity is expected.
- a college learning environment is by its nature adultoriented.
- grading is a faculty responsibility.
- library and internet use is not censored.
- students are responsible for their learning and conduct.