Note: This certificate is not Financial Aid eligible, but the larger Shipbuilding and Repair Level II certificate is Financial Aid eligible.
Foundational Welding Skills (12 credits)
Minimum 12 Credits. Students must meet all certificate requirements. The Foundational Welding Skills Certificate is a Career Pathway Certificate. All courses are contained in the Shipbuilding and Repair Level II Certificate.
LESS-THAN-ONE-YEAR (12-44 CREDITS) CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
1. At least 6 credits must be earned at OCCC, all of which must apply to the certificate requirements.
2. The final 6 credits that apply to the certificate must be earned at OCCC; the department chair may waive this requirement if the student can demonstrate currency in the field.
Students who successfully complete the Foundational Welding Skills Certificate will be able to:
- Function Safely in a welding environment
- Apply math and science concepts applicable to the fabrication process
- Communicate effectively with employers, co-workers and customers
- Demonstrate professional work ethics
- Interpret blueprints to accurately fabricate a product.