Covers safety, welding technique, and qualification procedures in compliance with AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Test with the E7018 electrode.
Addendum to Course Description
This is a outcome based course utilizing a lecture/lab format. This course includes classroom discussions, videotapes, and lab demonstrations covering technical skills. Course outcomes will include; theoretical concepts, lay out, fabrication, welding, oxy-fuel cutting and safety.
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Function safely in the OCCC Welding Lab.
- Operate oxy-fuel portable and track cutting systems in accordance with industry standards.
- Understand and apply code requirements for SMAW E7018.
- Interpret blueprints to accurately lay out, prepare, and assemble weld joints.
- Weld single V-groove welds with E7018 to AWS D1.1 Structural Steel Welding Code.
- Operate a Carbon Arc Cutting - Air (CAC-A) system in accordance with industry standards.
- Apply visual and destructive examination principles and practices in accordance with AWS D1.1.
Department permission required.