1) Prior to the drop deadline published in the academic calendar or, for less than full-term length courses on a course syllabus, a student shall be able to drop any registered class by completing the official drop/withdrawal process.
2) Such action by a student shall result in no charges for the course or courses (or reimbursement if charges have already been paid); the course or courses shall be removed from their transcript.
3) Students shall be able to withdraw from any registered class by completing the official drop/withdrawal process before the deadline.
4) This action shall result in a grade/mark of W appearing for the course or courses on the transcript.
5) Students who do not withdraw will be assigned a grade by the instructor.
6) Time periods referred to published deadlines are different for each term.