NCMA 111 : Body Structure and Function II
Explores medical terminology in its proper context. Includes form and function of the human body in health and disease and basic word structure. Reviews select body system including: their components, basic structure and function to be able to apply medical terminology skills in the clinical setting.
Equivalent placement test scores also accepted.
- Define basic combining word forms, suffixes, prefixes and demonstrate how to build medical words.
- Define terms that apply to the structural organization of the human body.
- Locate and identify terms that describe positions, directions and planes of the body.
- Correctly describe locations, structure and functions of each organ of the following systems:
- nervous, cardiovascular, respiratory, blood, lymphatic and immune, musculoskeletal, sensory, and endocrine and the area of psychiatry.