NCMA 112 : Clinical Procedures II
Continues to develop communication and technical skills used in a medical office and clinic setting.
Equivalent placement test scores also accepted.
- Comply with quality assurance practices for medical offices.
- Perform selected diagnostic tests; screen and report test results.
- Correctly assist with examinations, procedures, and treatments.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to emergencies.
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks, managing time effectively.
- Use effective verbal and written communication, adapting communication to individual’s ability to understand and modify teaching methods to client needs.
- Receive, organize, prioritize, and transmit medical information adhering to legal and ethical principles.