NCMA 113 : Clinical Practicum I
Provides opportunities to practice direct care to patients and support office functions in a medical setting.
Equivalent placement test scores also accepted.
- Complete administrative tasks including scheduling and monitoring office or clinic appointments.
- Prepare and assist with selected examinations, procedures and treatments.
- Provide care that encompasses compassion, empathy, and respect of cultural diversity.
- Utilize therapeutic and professional communication techniques in the clinical setting with patients, peers, and health care team members.
- Utilize basic patient teaching techniques when communicating with clients.
- Present self in both appearance and behavior appropriate for a professional medical assistant in compliance with OCCC and facility policies.
- Adhere to ethical and legal principles guiding practice as a medical assistant.