NCMA 123 : Medical Assistant Clinical Practicum II
Provides opportunities to practice direct care to patients and support office functions in a medical setting.
Equivalent placement test scores also accepted.
- Complete administrative tasks such as scheduling and monitoring office or clinic appointments.
- Prepare and maintain examination and treatment area and assist with selected examinations, procedures and treatments.
- Make decisions regarding patient care based on professional values and complying with legal/ethical standards.
- Use therapeutic and professional communication techniques in the clinical setting with patients, peers, and coworkers.
- Implement patient education plans incorporating culture, learning needs and ability to learn.
- Adhere to ethical and legal principles guiding practice as a medical assistant.
- Collaborate with members of the health care team for assigned patients.