MUS 220A : Chorus
Provides an opportunity to sing in a large general chorus of mixed voices. Includes rehearsal and performance at an elementary level using repertory drawn from the canon of choral works from the 16th-21st centuries. No audition required.
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Use an understanding of beginning musicianship and performance etiquette to perform choral repertoire to a public audience as a member of a large vocal ensemble.
- Use an understanding of beginning music literacy to prepare and rehearse choral repertoire as a member of a large vocal ensemble.
- Use an understanding of beginning rehearsal techniques and etiquette to follow a conductor, annotate music, and be a contributing member of a large vocal ensemble during rehearsal.
- Use an understanding of stylistic differences in choral repertoire to accurately interpret vocal music in performance.
- Use a beginning understanding of vocal range and type to continue to improve as a singer.