NUR 243 : Preparation for Entry into Practice
Presents concepts in nursing management and professional nursing issues. Includes a clinical preceptorship within a health care setting.
- Use clinical decision-making, critical thinking skills and evidence based practice in the application of the nursing process for assigned patients.
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with patients, families, their preceptor, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Assume responsibility for the “Manager of Care” role; overseeing the patient plan of care for an assigned patients.
- Compare and contrast aspects of healthcare systems and their impact on patient outcomes.
- Improve quality of care with evidence-based practices, within the scope of nursing.
- Use sound judgment and decision-making based upon professional values and established nursing standards of care.
- Show readiness for seeking employment as a registered nurse.