SPA 102 : First Year Spanish - Second Term
Continues the work of SPA 101. Emphasizes active communication in Spanish. Includes listening, speaking, reading, writing, pronunciation, structure, vocabulary, and culture.
Equivalent placement test scores also accepted. SPA 101 or instructor permission accepted.
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
- Manage common interactions, in both oral and written forms, in predictable settings using the present and beginning work in the past tense.
- Apply circumlocution and inference skills, at a beginning level, when navigating selected real world situations in Spanish.
- Identify a limited range of linguistic and cultural diversity within the Spanish-speaking world and how it differs and/or relates to one’s own culture.
- Apply a limited understanding of selected historical and cultural movements in the target culture through exposure to literature, art and performing
- arts in the target language.
- Apply some strategies for analyzing authentic materials in the target language.
This course fulfills the following GE requirements: Arts and Letters/AS, Arts and Letters/AAS, Arts and Letters/AGS.