SPA 201 : Second Year Spanish - First Term
Continues the work of first year Spanish, reviewing, expanding, and perfecting pronunciation, structure, and vocabulary for the purpose of active communication. Includes practice in reading and writing.
Equivalent placement test scores also accepted. Completion of first year Spanish at college level or instructor permission accepted.
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
- Handle a limited number of uncomplicated communicative tasks in straightforward social situations.
- Communicate using significant repetition, rephrasing, and circumlocution with native speakers accustomed to dealing with non-native speakers.
- Write using paragraph-length connected discourse to narrate and describe in present, past and future time frames with limited accuracy.
- Recognize and interpret cultural behaviors and attitudes within the Spanish-speaking world in relation to one’s own cultural perspective.
- Further analyze historical and cultural movements in the target culture in relation to key works of art, literature, music, film and/or performing arts.
- Further develop and apply strategies for analyzing and responding to limited authentic materials in the target language.
This course fulfills the following GE requirements: Arts and Letters/AAOT, Arts and Letters/AS, Arts and Letters/AAS, Arts and Letters/AGS, Arts and Letters/ASOT-B.