SPA 103 : First Year Spanish - Third Term
Continues the work of SPA 102. Emphasizes active communication in Spanish. Includes listening, speaking, reading, writing, pronunciation, structure, vocabulary, and culture.
Equivalent placement test scores also accepted. SPA 102 or instructor permission accepted.
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
- Manage common interactions, in both oral and written forms, in a selected variety of settings using the present, past and future tenses.
- Further develop circumlocution and inference skills when navigating a variety of real world situations in Spanish.
- Reflect on linguistic and cultural diversity within the Spanish-speaking world and how it differs and/or relates to one’s own culture.
- Apply a broader understanding of important historical and cultural movements in the target culture through exposure to literature, art and performing arts in the target language.
- Expand and strengthen strategies for analyzing authentic materials in the target language.
This course fulfills the following GE requirements: Arts and Letters/AAS, Arts and Letters/AGS, Arts and Letters/AS.