Continues to expand structure and vocabulary for the purpose of active communication. Includes practice in reading and writing.
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
- Handle a wider range of communicative tasks in selected social situations.
- Communicate more effectively with some rephrasing and circumlocution with native speakers accustomed to dealing with non-native speakers.
- Further develop discourse to narrate and describe in more detail and length using a variety of time frames and modes with greater accuracy.
- Expand understanding of cultural similarities and differences within the Spanish-speaking world in relation to one’s own cultural perspective.
- Deepen understanding of historical and cultural movements through analysis of selected works of art, literature, music, film and/or performing arts from the target culture.
- Analyze and develop responses to selected authentic materials in the target language.
Equivalent placement test scores also accepted. SPA 201 or instructor permission accepted.
This course fulfills the following GE requirements: Arts and Letters/AAOT, Arts and Letters/AS, Arts and Letters/AAS, Arts and Letters/AGS, Arts and Letters/ASOT-B.