SPA 203 : Second Year Spanish - Third Term
Continues to expand structure and vocabulary for the purpose of active communication. Includes practice in reading and writing.
Equivalent placement test scores also accepted. SPA 202 or instructor permission accepted.
Upon successful completio students should be able to:
- Manage most communicative tasks in a variety of social situations.
- Communicate effectively with some rephrasing and circumlocution with most native speakers.
- Narrate and describe with increased detail and length using a variety of time frames and modes with consistent accuracy.
- Understand the values underlying cultural behaviors and attitudes within the Spanish-speaking world and how it relates to one’s cultural perspective.
- Compare and contrast historical and cultural movements through analysis of selected works of art, literature, music, film and/or performing arts from the target culture.
- Analyze and develop responses to abstract and complex ideas in a variety of authentic materials in the target language.
This course fulfills the following GE requirements: Arts and Letters/AAOT, Arts and Letters/AS, Arts and Letters/AAS, Arts and Letters/AGS, Arts and Letters/ASOT-B.