Continues to expand structure and vocabulary for the purpose of active communication. Includes practice in reading and writing.
Upon successful completio students should be able to:
- Manage most communicative tasks in a variety of social situations.
- Communicate effectively with some rephrasing and circumlocution with most native speakers.
- Narrate and describe with increased detail and length using a variety of time frames and modes with consistent accuracy.
- Understand the values underlying cultural behaviors and attitudes within the Spanish-speaking world and how it relates to one’s cultural perspective.
- Compare and contrast historical and cultural movements through analysis of selected works of art, literature, music, film and/or performing arts from the target culture.
- Analyze and develop responses to abstract and complex ideas in a variety of authentic materials in the target language.
Equivalent placement test scores also accepted. SPA 202 or instructor permission accepted.
This course fulfills the following GE requirements: Arts and Letters/AAOT, Arts and Letters/AS, Arts and Letters/AAS, Arts and Letters/AGS, Arts and Letters/ASOT-B.