Note: This certificate is not Financial Aid eligible, but the larger Shipbuilding and Repair Level II certificate is Financial Aid eligible.
Introduction to Shipbuilding and Repair Level I Certificate (12 credits)
Minimum 12 Credits. Students must meet all certificate requirements. The Introduction to Shipbuilding and Repair Level I Certificate is a Career Pathway Certificate. All courses are contained in the Shipbuilding and Repair Level II Certificate.
LESS-THAN-ONE-YEAR (12-44 CREDITS) CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
1. At least 6 credits must be earned at OCCC, all of which must apply to the certificate requirements.
2. The final 6 credits that apply to the certificate must be earned at OCCC; the department chair may waive this requirement if the student can demonstrate currency in the field.
Students who successfully complete the Shipbuilding and Repair Level I Certificate will be able to:
- Function Safely in a welding environment
- Cut, prepare, and assemble projects to specified tolerances
- Interpret blueprints to accurately fabricate a product
- Weld common joint assemblies in all positions to prepare for certification in Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) and Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW).