Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Level II (12 credits)
Minimum 12 Credits. Students must meet all certificate requirements. The Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Level II Certificate is a Career Pathway Certificate. All courses are contained in the Shipbuilding and Repair Level II Certificate.
LESS-THAN-ONE-YEAR (12-44 CREDITS) CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
1. At least 6 credits must be earned at OCCC, all of which must apply to the certificate requirements.
2. The final 6 credits that apply to the certificate must be earned at OCCC; the department chair may waive this requirement if the student can demonstrate currency in the field.
Students who successfully complete the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Level II Certificate will be able to:
- Function Safely in a welding environment
- Cut, prepare, and assemble projects to specified tolerances
- Interpret blueprints to accurately fabricate a product
Weld common joint assemblies in all positions to prepare for certification in Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), and be prepared to take the applicable welding certifications tests evaluated by a third-party agency.