Covers welding processes, safety, equipment, and essential variables of operation.
Addendum to Course Description
This is an outcome based course utilizing a lecture format. This course includes, but is not limited to: classroom discussions, multimedia presentations, and lab demonstrations covering technical skills. Course outcomes will include: technical concepts, safety and fundamentals of operation.
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Function safely in the OCCC Welding Lab.
- Operate the oxy-fuel welding and cutting systems in accordance with industry standards.
- Understand and apply fundamentals of SMAW Operations.
- Understand and apply fundamentals of GTAW Operations.
- Understand and apply fundamentals of GMAW Operations.
- Understand and apply code requirements for FCAW.
- Operate the Plasma Arc Cutting (PAC) hand held system in accordance to industry standards.
- Operate the Carbon Arc Cutting - Air (CAC-A) system in accordance to industry standards.